Pet poisoning case at Jersey shore

July 21, 2009 5:57:16 PM PDT
Diane Connelly can't believe that someone would intentionally poison her two dogs. Elmo, a 7-year-old Pomeranian, and Tucker, a 2-year-old Chihuahua, had to be euthanized after eating food laced with antifreeze.Elmo was poisoned on May 20th, Tucker on June 8th. It happened outside Connelly's apartment in the Cedar Bonnett section of Stafford Township. A post-mortem and tests on the food revealed Ethylene Glycol, antifreeze. Animal control officials say it's not likely that the dogs accidentally ingested antifreeze.

The Humane Society of the United States headquarters in Washington D.C. learned of the double poisonings and has offered a $2500 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.

The number to call at Stafford Township animal control is 609-597-1000.


Load Comments