Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman made the announcement on Tuesday morning.
Ferman said the operation began in February, 2011 after the county's Narcotics Enforcement Team began receiving information about the alleged drug trafficking activities of Hatfield residents Jeffrey Penna, David Penna and Francesco Messina. Ferman said further investigation led detectives to the alleged drug trafficking activity of Troy Dudas of Limerick Township.
Based on that information, the D.A. said, her office applied to the Superior Court for the use of wiretaps and electronic surveillance on cell phones used by Messina and Dudas.
The wiretap interceptions took place through much of February, 2012, Ferman said, and led to 14 search warrants being executed in Montgomery County and Philadelphia. One of the locations was Cosmo Motors, an auto body shop on East Blaine Street in Lansdale.
At those locations, Ferman said, methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, and firearms were seized.
Ferman said this alleged methamphetamine trafficking organization was exposed as a "family affair." Among the main targets are brothers Jeffrey and David Penna, who allegedly used and distributed methamphetamine from Jeffrey Penna's residence in Hatfield Township.
The Penna brothers were joined by Frank Messina in this distribution network, Ferman said, and Messina used and distributed methamphetamine to several people including his own sister-in-law, Lisa Messina.
Ferman said conversations between Frank and Lisa Messina were intercepted by law enforcement detailing their method of operation in the distribution and use of meth.
The investigation also revealed links to a Philadelphia methamphetamine distribution ring headed by brothers Juan and Antonio Encarnacion, Ferman said.
The defendants were arraigned on Wednesday, May 2nd and Friday, May 4th. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 11th.
Charged with Corrupt Organizations and Violations of the Drug Act:
1. Francesco "Frank" Messina, 719 Schwab Road, Hatfield, PA 19440
2. Troy Dudas, 111 Mine Run Road, Schwenksville, PA 19473
3. Todd Slawecki, 42 Orchard Court, Royersford, PA 19468
4. Robert Glorioso, 1295 Cabin Road, Hatfield Township, PA 19440
5. Jeff Penna, 1295 Cabin Road, Hatfield Township, PA 19440
6. Dave Penna, 1898 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale, PA 19446
7. Jeff Martinez, 3822 North 6th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140
8. James Trull, 1447 Old Skippack Road, Harleysville, PA 19438
9. Antonio Encarnacion Perales, 1002 N. Marshall St 2nd floor Phila, PA 19145
10. Vanessa Ramos, 1002 N. Marshall St 2nd floor Phila, PA 19145
11. Juan M. Encarnacion, 3921 N. 6th Street Philadelphia, PA 19145
12. Kent Lee Seprauskie "Gadget", 55 Meng Road, Schwenksville, PA
13. Timothy Beck, 55 Meng Road Schwenksville, PA
14. Kristina Popelarski, 385 Greenwood Avenue, Collegeville, PA 19426
15. Joel Jay Payumo, aka Marissa Devine 251 E. Thompson St., Philadelphia, PA 19145
16. Joseph "Phoenix" Croxton, 1734 Tasker Street, Floor 1, Philadelphia, PA 19145
17. Dan Ells, 225 East 2nd Street Apartment B, Lansdale, PA 19446
18. Rodney Creciun, 108 Stump Road, North Wales, PA 19454
19. John Griffith, 1626 Sheffield Drive, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Charged with Violations of the Drug Act:
20. Ronald Krauss, 10 South Towamencin Avenue, Lansdale, PA 19446.
21. Jamie L. Hamburg, 27 Lincoln Avenue Floor 2, Lansdale, PA 19446
22. Anthony Lagrotte, 149 North 3rd Street, Telford, PA 18969
23. Carmen Iannelli, 2382 Orchard Lane, Gilbertsville, PA 19525
24. John J. Welsh III, 1150 Schwab Road, Hatfield, PA 19440
25. Lisa Messina, 2564 Morris Road, Lansdale, PA 19446
26. Donald L Preston, 72 Roboda Boulevard, Royersford, PA 19468
27. Kevin Saldutti, 1415 East Hewson Street, PA 19125
28. Ryan Burns, 804 Marlbrook Lane, Lansdale, PA 19446
29. Norman R. Russell Jr., 3275 Bergey Road, Hatfield, PA 19440
30. Thomas McGoldrick, 1 Boro Line Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406
31. Keith Chasteen, 251 E. Thompson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19145
32. Judy Cress, 913 Township Line Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460.