Firefighters rescue pet dog from house fire in Delaware

March 12, 2013 3:26:33 PM PDT
Firefighters rescued a pet dog from a house fire in Bellemoor, Delaware.

The blaze broke out before 12:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Champlain Avenue.

Crews arrived to find smoke pouring from the home.

They were able to locate the source and knock down the flames in less than 20 minutes.

The Action Cam was there as firefighters brought a pet dog out of the house and emergency medical technicians gave it oxygen to help revive it.

The Kent County SPCA responded to the scene a short time later and took the dog to a veterinary hospital where it was treated for smoke inhalation.

SPCA Major Brian Whipple told Action News the EMT's did "an excellent job" reviving the dog.

No people were injured.

An investigation is underway into what sparked the blaze.


Load Comments