Flames rip through Wilmington row homes

September 21, 2013 1:00:43 PM PDT
Fire ripped through several row homes in Wilmington overnight.

Action News was there as firefighters took on the flames and smoke after the blaze broke out just before 3 a.m.

Two of the homes along the 400 block of North Monroe Street were occupied at the time of fire. They all escaped safely. The American Red Cross is providing assistance to them.

A firefighter was treated at Christiana Hospital for a back injury. He's now back home.

It took about 45 firefighters roughly an hour to put the fire under control.

Investigators are tracking down what sparked the fire. They say the fire apparently started in one of the homes and then spread to the homes on both sides.

The American Red Cross was requested and responded to assist with lodging and necessities of 3 Adults and 1 Child.


Load Comments