The incident happened Saturday at the Giant store in Haverford Township.
Giant spokesman Chris Brand told Action News the man was stung while he was unpacking a shipment of Chiquita bananas.
The worker was taken to the hospital for treatment. He is now home treating his sore hand.
The exact species of scorpion has not been identified yet.
The bananas in question came from a farm in Honduras. A Chiquita spokesperson said the company will no longer use that farm.
In a statement, Giant officials said:
We regret that this incident has occurred and have taken immediate steps to prevent a similar incident from happening in the future.
GIANT inspectors have been put on high alert. Bananas are reviewed and inspected multiple times throughout the ripening cycle in our Perishable Distribution Center.