Hazmat teams responded around 5:00 a.m. to the Chalet Village apartment complex, located at 95 Heights Lane.
The response came after residents reported an odor.
Approximately 30 apartments were evacuated as a precaution while crews conducted their investigation.
The Fire Marshal on the scene confirms that a male committed suicide by chemicals inside one of the apartments. He was in the bathroom mixing chemicals.
Four other people were in the same apartment at the time, two of which were taken to a local hospital after becoming sick from the fumes.
Hazmat teams say the fume levels have decreased in the area and residents have been allowed back inside their apartments.
Hazmat teams have since cleared the scene.