- 1/2 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds top round steak, 1 inch thick
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the steak; mix until well blended.
- Place the steak in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag and marinate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, see the Top Round Steak Cooking Guidelines. Carve thinly, across the grain, into 1/4- to 1/8-inch-thick slices.
Top Round Steak Cooking Guidelines
Grill over medium coals, turning occasionally.
3/4" thick: Cook 8-9 minutes
1" thick: Cook 16-18 minutes
1-1/2" thick: Cook 25-28 minutes (grill covered)
Broil on rack in broiler pan in preheated broiler. Surface of 3/4- to 1-inch steaks should be 2-3" from heat; 2-4" for thicker steak. Turn once.
3/4" thick: Cook 12-13 minutes
1" thick: Cook 17-18 minutes
1-1/2" thick: Cook 27-29 minutes (grill covered)
Pan-Broil in preheated heavy, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook steak uncovered with no liquid added to pan, turning occasionally.
3/4" thick: Cook 11-12 minutes
1" thick: Cook 15-16 minutes
Recipe and information courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association and the Beef Checkoff. For more information, go to www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. © 2008 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.