Starbucks is testing a software application that will let customers pay for purchases using their iPhones.
The company is also launching a second app that helps finds the nearest Starbucks store and provides information about what's on the menu.
These are the company's first forays into iPhone apps, although it has worked closely with Apple Inc. on other offerings, including making songs heard in the store available for purchase through iTunes.
The Seattle coffee giant said the ideas came from customer feedback and from My Starbucks Idea, an online suggestion box launched last year.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys