While it was the fifth straight increase and the strongest report in 11 months, sales were down 4.3 percent from the same month last year.
The median sales price of $195,200 was off 11.7 percent from $221,000 from a year earlier, and 9.5 percent below July's level of $215,600.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys