- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium Idaho potatoes, washed, not peeled
- 24 non-toxic craft or lollipop sticks (see Note)
2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
3. Cut ends off potatoes then cut each potato into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 24 slices). Carefully slide lollipop stick into each potato slice along the edge. Dip lollipops into the oil mixture. Using a pastry brush, make sure each potato slice is evenly coated on both sides. Place on rimmed baking sheets.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender and golden, turning once halfway through cooking time.
NOTE: Serve with your favorite topping such as spicy mustard, pesto sauce, sour cream and chives, or chunky salsa.
PREPARATION TIP: Before preparing this recipe, soak the wooden craft or lollipop sticks in water for 20 minutes, to prevent burning.
For more information about Idaho Potatoes visit www.idahopotato.com
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.