Marshmallows fire almost destroys home

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) - August 26, 2010

But one Virginia boy likes them a little too much.

Firefighters in the Charlottesville area battled a fast-moving blaze that nearly destroyed the house.

Maynard Pritchett says his grandson was trying to toast marshmallows in the kitchen when something went wrong and the flames began to spread.

When the family tried to put out flames themselves, they found the fire extinguisher did not work.

Despite the damage to the home, no one was hurt in the marshmallow fire.

Copyright © 2020 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.