Rat sparks Camden transformer fire

CAMDEN, N.J. - July 31, 2012

PSE&G officials say a rat got into the transfer switch and caused a short that sparked the fire leaving 1100 customers without power.

The transportation center is running on generator power while the equipment is replaced and repairs are made.

The power was restored to customers early Tuesday morning and shuttle buses are being used in place of the train.

New Jersey transit says commuters should plan for extra travel time.

Copyright © 2020 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.