No one was injured in the blast and fire at the Dover Township home on June 7.
The York Dispatch reports Northern York County Regional Police say a fire marshal has determined the explosion happened after natural gas leaked from a corroded line in the home's basement. It was then ignited by the pilot light in a hot water heater.
The homeowner had left about five minutes before it exploded. Police say that what remained of the home has been torn down.
The home is next to an animal hospital, but no people or animals were hurt.