It happened around 5:15 Monday afternoon on the 1400 block of Arena Drive.
Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the home.
The victim, 90-year-old Angelo Parmigiani, was trapped inside a front bedroom. He was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital where he died from smoke inhalation and burns.
Two adults, ages 64 and 27 along with a 2-year-old were all able to escape the blaze. They were taken to the hospital for observation.
Officials believe the fire was accidental but continue to investigate.