LOWER SOUTHAMPTON TWP., Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- One person has died and three others were injured in an early morning house fire in Bucks County on Wednesday.
The fire broke out around 4 a.m. in the 800 block of Hilton Avenue in Lower Southampton Township, Pennsylvania.
When fire crews arrived, they attempted to rescue those inside.
According to Chief Ted Krimmel with the Lower Southampton Police Department, officers found a mother and two of her children at the scene.
He says they had escaped the flames.
"A fourth family member, my officers weren't able to get to because of the flames. Fire apparatus arrived quickly thereafter, and went in with their gear and got the guy," said Krimmel.
Unfortunately, that 64-year-old man later died at the hospital. There is no word yet on his identity.
According to officials, the family was using candles because the power had gone out.
"We had a power outage in the area this morning. Their power had gone off and they were using some candles to light up the house," said Krimmel.
Officials are now investigating if the candles started the blaze.
Meanwhile, residents in the area told Action News they are heartbroken.
"They've been here for probably 30 years. We are here a little longer, and they had three children and, you know, they've just been our neighbors and they are good people," said Ann Donelly, a neighbor.
"It was awful. I've been through a fire myself, and this is by far, just awful. It's awful," added Maureen Fregia, another neighbor.