After surviving crash, Pa. man becomes speaker and author

Matteo Iadonisi Image
Tuesday, January 16, 2024
After surviving crash, Pa. man becomes speaker and author
Ethan A. Poetic is not only surviving, but thriving almost 13 years after a horrific accident that nearly claimed his life.

COATESVILLE, Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- "In 2011, I survived a near-fatal car accident," said Ethan A. Poetic. "99% chance of death versus 1% chance of life."

Nearly 13 years after the incident, Poetic has set his sights on going from "victim to victor."

He has since become a motivational speaker, a self-published author, an advocate for mental health, and a mentor to youth.

Poetic recently visited King's Highway Elementary School to share a bit of his story and read excerpts from his book, titled, The Inspirational Story of Ethan A. Poetic: Chronicles of Adversities, Education, Sports, Relationships, & Resiliency.

To learn more about Ethan A. Poetic, watch the video above and visit his website.

RELATED: One year later: 'Sickest person in Ireland' is home, healthy, and stronger than ever

After a near-death experience while visiting family in Ireland, Matthew Small is bouncing back and breaking his personal strength records.