PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Rite Aid announced Friday that it is changing its coronavirus testing criteria at all testing sites to include adults who are not exhibiting any symptoms of the virus.
This change is effective immediately at all testing sites, according to a news release.
Patients are still required to provide government-issued identification, be at least 18 years old, and need to pre-register online in order to schedule a time slot for testing.
All Rite Aid drive-up COVID-19 testing locations utilize self-swab nasal tests overseen by Rite Aid pharmacists. Testing takes place in the store's parking lot and individuals must remain in their vehicles from the time they arrive and until they depart.
The Rite Aid self-testing parking lot sites are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week.
Earlier this week, the company announced it was expanding testing efforts with 46 new testing sites, including several self-swab locations in the Philadelphia area.
Appointments may now be scheduled at these Rite Aid locations:
- 1999 PULASKI HWY (RT 40) BEAR, DE
- 24892 JOHN J WILLIAMS HWY MILLSBORO, DE
- 200 PHARMACY DR SMYRNA, DE
- 3801 N. MARKET STREET WILMINGTON, DE
- 219 ESSEX STREET HACKENSACK, NJ
- 10 LINCOLN HIGHWAY EDISON, NJ
- 104 12TH AVENUE NEWARK, NJ
- 1097 BROADWAY BAYONNE, NJ
- 480 NORTH BEVERWYCK ROAD LAKE HIAWATHA, NJ
- 1147 COOPER STREET EDGEWATER PARK, NJ
- 2370 ROUTE 33 ROBBINSVILLE, NJ
- 773 HAMILTON STREET SOMERSET, NJ
- 500 WOODBURY-GLASSBORO ROAD, SEWELL NJ
- 75 SOUTH MAIN STREET NEPTUNE, NJ
- 1366 CLIFTON AVENUE CLIFTON, NJ
- 60 FRANKLIN TURNPIKE WALDWICK, NJ
- 501 CLEMENTS BRIDGE RD BARRINGTON, NJ
- 31 MULE RD TOMS RIVER, NJ
- 2401 EAST VENANGO STREET PHILADELPHIA, PA
- 9773 ROOSEVELT BOULEVARD PHILADELPHIA, PA
- 1856 NORTH BROAD STREET LANSDALE, PA
- 762 CHESTER PIKE PROSPECT PARK, PA
- 524 NORTH 6TH STREET READING, PA
- 7719 MAIN STREET FOGELSVILLE, PA
- 110 MAIN STREET HELLERTOWN, PA
- 128 N COURTLAND STREET EAST STROUDSBURG, PA
- 6731 WOODLAND AVENUE PHILADELPHIA, PA
- 7401 OGONTZ AVE PHILADELPHIA, PA
- 2604 LINGLESTOWN RD HARRISBURG, PA
- 4111 WILLIAM PENN HWY. MONROEVILLE, PA
- 115 LEADER HEIGHTS RD YORK, PA
- 20 SOUTH RIVER ST PLAINS, PA
- 5430 PEACH ST ERIE, PA
Rite Aid will now operate 71 testing sites across twelve states through its partnership with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
The company said they have the capacity to conduct up to 10,000 tests daily across all locations through online appointments.
MORE COVID-19 COVERAGE
CONNECT WITH US