Embers from fireplace blamed for blaze

October 19, 2009 8:30:01 AM PDT
Delaware State Fire Marshals are blaming embers from a fire in a fireplace for a blaze that damaged at an Arden-area home.

The Fire Marshal's Office says the fire started in the living room fireplace when embers caught the floor and wooden framing inside the walls on fire on Friday. The basement ceiling also burned in the fire.

Fire investigators say the fire was under control in about an hour and two adults at the home weren't injured.

Neighbors are taking care of the residents after the fire caused $50,000 to their home.


Load Comments