Two dead of possible CO poisoning

Melissa Fullerton, 69 News
August 27, 2010 12:44:56 PM PDT
Officials suspect carbon monoxide poisoning may have led to the deaths of two elderly people in Berks County.

The victims have been identified as John and Jane Schlott.

Investigators said the victims, both in their 80s, were found in their beds in separate rooms inside a home at 3041 Grandview Boulevard in Spring Township around 9:30 a.m. Friday.

Their bodies were discovered by a relative.

Authorities said a car had been running in the garage, but it had run out of gas by the time they arrived on the scene.

The investigators went on to say they may also never be able to determine whether the deaths were intentional or accidental because police have been unable to determine why the vehicle was left idling.


Load Comments