The fire was first reported around 8:15 Monday morning on the 1800 block of Jacksonville-Jobstown Road.
The fire was at the log cabin style residence on the zoo property, near the Pet Store and Zoo. Neither the store, nor the zoo, were damaged by the flames.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion before the fire. The house has collapsed and is a total loss.
A dog was hurt by the fire.
A total of 10 fire companies battled the blaze. Water had to be brought in because there were no hydrants nearby.