SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) - December 10, 2013 --
State police say a toddler was recovering from a head injury suffered while playing inside a disconnected stove that tipped over on an enclosed porch at a western Pennsylvania home. Trooper Scott Kemerer of the Somerset barracks says the boy was hurt about 12:40 p.m. Monday. The boy is 2 years, 8 months old and apparently attempted to climb into the oven compartment when the appliance overturned.
Kemerer says the boy was still being treated for a head injury Tuesday at Somerset Hospital. The trooper says the boy's family reports he was conscious and breathing on his own. The Associated Press could not access the boy's clinical status because police aren't releasing the boy's name while the investigation continues.
The accident occurred at a home in Jenner Township, about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.