But the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company is still struggling to lure back advertisers that have clamped down on their budgets during the recession and shifted some spending to other up-and-coming Web sites.
Yahoo says it earned $186 million, or 13 cents a share. That compares with income of $54 million, or 4 cents a share, at the same time last year.
Revenue fell 12 percent to $1.58 billion.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys