Police release video of shooting that wounded 9

May 24, 2011 4:20:55 PM PDT
Philadelphia police have released surveillance video from a weekend shooting that left nine people injured.

"We do believe there was intended target within that crowd, that they were there by design," Philadelphia Police Captain John Gallagher said.

Surveillance cameras first spot the two gunmen at Loudon Street and Rising Sun Avenue early Sunday morning.

The police say they appear to be in their late teens or early 20's.

The two gunmen cross behind a stopped car at the intersection. They walk towards the sidewalk in front of the club just off screen.

They then pull their guns and fire, squeezing off 18 shots in just seconds.

The bullets hit nine people, four men and five women, including a 20-year-old man who was hit multiple times and a 26-year-old woman who was shot in the head. Amazingly, all of the victims are expected to survive.

The police say the video makes it clear that the trouble didn't start in the club, but came from the two gunmen who arrived as the club was closing.

RELATED: Watch the surveillance video released by police.

"There's no information that's indicated as a result of the investigation that there was some type of fight or beef in between two individuals or a group of individuals inside," Gallagher said.

Police say the gunmen had a clear target in mind, but don't know why.

Their faces aren't clear in the video, but police are hoping someone will recognize them from their clothing.

One suspect is described as a black male, 18-20 years of age, approximately 5'9" tall wearing a gray hoodie and blue jeans.

The second suspect is described as a black male, 18-20 years of age, approximately 5'9" tall wearing a black or dark blue hoodie with white writing and blue jeans.

They say they appeared to know the club patrons would be unarmed when they left since they have to go through a metal detector to get into the club.

"They know the individual they want to get, if there is one, is coming out and more than likely, he or she is not going to be armed with a gun," Gallagher said.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to a conviction in the shooting.

While the police search for the gunmen, the city has also taken further action to put the Felton Supper Club out of business.

License & Inspection today ordered the club to cease operations and revoked its licenses.

They cited "incidents of violence, overcrowding, and other public nuisances."

A man was shot to death on the dance floor of the club in December.

The city's first murder of the New Year stemmed from a fight in the club that spilled onto the streets.

The District Attorney is seeking a court injunction that could keep the club padlocked for upwards of a year.